Welcome to Our Side of the Divide!
Delta County is located on Colorado's western slope at the base of Grand Mesa, one of the largest flat top mountains in the world. An agricultural and heritage hotbed, this region is home to the delightfully diverse communities of Cedaredge, Crawford, Delta, Hotchkiss, Orchard City and Paonia. Delta County was created by the Colorado legislature on February 11, 1883. The county was named for the City of Delta, which gets its moniker for its location on the delta of the Uncompahgre River. Delta County's story is one of agriculture pioneers, mining, land, and water development.
How to Get Here
Delta County is located on Colorado's western slope, about 267 miles southwest of Denver. Visitors may fly directly into the area via Montrose Regional Airport (20 miles from the City of Delta) or Grand Junction Regional Airport (40 miles from the City of Delta). Delta County is accessed by Highways 50, 92 and 133.
Delta County is home to the communities of Cedaredge, Crawford, Delta, Hotchkiss, Orchard City and Paonia.
For information about the County you can visit: Delta County
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Farm Dinners
- Mountain Biking
- OHV Riding
- Orchard Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Wilderness Camping
- Wildlife Viewing
- Wine Tasting
- Grand Mesa – one of the world's largest flat-topped mountains, lakes, fishing, camping, hiking trail, snowmobiling and cross country skiing
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park North Rim – boasting 2,000-foot sheer walls, celebrated it's 10 year anniversary as a National Park in 2009
- Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area – Wilderness hiking, whitewater and flat water boating, Gold Medal fishing, 20 mile singletrack Sidewinder Trail, and OHV riding areas
- Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area – Wilderness boating, vehicle touring through scenic Escalante Canyon, petroglyphs, historic sites, Tabeguache Trail
- Gunnison River – one of the premiere fly fishing destinations; Gold Medal waters
- Ute Council Tree – the 200-year old meeting place of the Ute tribes
- Wineries – Delta County is home to 18 wineries and tasting rooms
- West Elk Loop Scenic Byway – 205-mile loop that begins in Hotchkiss
- Grand Mesa National Scenic & Historic Byway – 63 mile route, originating in Cedaredge
- Creamery Arts Center - a community run art center with exhibits, demonstrations, classes and more. Be sure you visit the restrooms when you stop by. They are works of art too! Hotchkiss
- Bill Heddles Recreation Center / Confluence Park in Delta
- West Elk Wilderness Area - wonderful recreation opportunities. Multiple use trails.
- Sidewinder Trail - in the Gunnison Gorge NCA, this is a muliplte use trail that is currently 20 miles long running one way.